STUDIO STANDARDS & RULES
Non Compete clause
Due to the increase in hip hop companies in Edmonton and surrounding areas, we want to ensure we are not competing against our own students at competitions and that our training and investment into our students is protected and that in turn the student can focus on growing and developing their skillset, performance and bonding with their peers. Any new student starting hip hop dance classes at 3sb Studios cannot compete with any other Studio or company. The only exception applies to students who have previously been enrolled at other studios in the past.
By registering for a competitive class you are committing to a full year program from September to June and all the rules that apply to our programs.
PARENTS MUST NOTIFY THE SCHOOL TO DROP A STUDENT FROM CLASS.
- Only a written notice via email, or hand delivered to our front desk will be acceptable. (Telling a teacher is not acceptable).
- This notification of termination must be received 1 week prior to the end of a month.
- Only in this instance will you no longer be charged for the remaining months.
- On November 30th all costume and competition fees become non-refundable.
- There is no refund for missed classes or prepaid classes.
No Pay No Dance ~ It’s simple!
If a late fee goes unpaid for more than 30 days, the student on the account will not be allowed to dance in any upcoming classes until the account is fully cleared up of all outstanding fees. This includes costumes fees, competition fees, warmup gear and monthly class fees. This also means you will not receive costumes or be allowed to compete on stage.
Please email the teacher of any missed classes before the missed session. You can contact 3SB teachers by emailing “your teachers name”@my3sb.com [ie: firstname.lastname@example.org] so they know why you are absent.
If you have more than 2 un-verified absences then the teacher will remove you from the current combo they are working on.
Respecting our Studio Space
- No Food or Drinks allowed in the studios – only bottled water.
- All students must have inside shoes; no street shoes in the studio.
- All students & parents must bring clean/dry indoor shoes to the Centre in the winter months. Outdoor shoes must be left in the boot room.
We provide 3 ways to communicate with parents:
- Direct Email
- Our Monthly Newsletter
- If you do not receive your monthly newsletter, please make sure to let us know. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian/account holder to ensure a current email address is on your online account. We post all newsletters on the website, on the bulletin Board at the Studio and on Facebook.
All important dates are on the website & in our current studio brochure.